Here are different sketches of the Flying Ace. We could say they are development stages.
The first crack at the Flying Ace
I thought maybe some kind of logo, but it didn’t go anywhere so I dropped the idea.
The biker look.
The fin on the helmet was meant to go more in a Rocketeer kind of look, but I couldn’t make it work.
Trying to get a look for the helmet.
The final look. In action!
This year’s teachers planning book. I was asked for comic characters. I went for kids in costume kind of thing.
That’s the original drawing.
The cleaned up black & white version.
The first step color version.
Final color version with shading. I also changed the ground color.
Original scan of india ink drawing on 8×10 cardboard.
Colors done with water color paint.
Digitally treated to be pure black and white. I guess I’ll color it digitally, some day.
I was trying to get the right pose for the monster. It took a few tries. The finished version is a colored ink wash that should be on the site later.
I was asked to make a logo featuring a puppeteer for a business card. Here are the steps from rough to finish, with different colors. The last one is the one that will be used on the card. Well, at least that was the plan.
Playing with colors some more.
I need to learn how to do that properly. I might also need a Wacom Tablet.
As the title says. I needed some to do something in color.
I was trying to get a different look for some commissioned drawings for the school’s phone book. Moving away from the bib googly eyes isn’t as easy as it seems. There will be final drawings posted once the book is printed.
I was asked to draw some aliens that would come to Earth to tell us how to stop wasting water. So, logically, I thought alien fish.
Yeah, I admit, I got carried away a little.
That’s why there’s one in Saturday’s comic too.
Some color tests for the Torch’s poster. I went with the last one after getting the color choices approved by Gog’s Workshop’s editor.